- Six state forest campgrounds to reopen: New access for equestrians, paddlers and anglers
- Climate Change: The Risks for Michigan birds
- The romance of the courting canoe era is alive and well at Ken Kelly’s place
- A winter view: Walking the frozen Lake Michigan shoreline
- Recreation passport requirements change at some locales
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
What I Blog AboutAdventure Travel Asian Carp AuSable River Backpacking Bats Bears bicycles Birds Birdwatching Boardman River Boats Brook Trout Camping Canoe Canoeing Chinook Salmon Climbing Conservation Cycling Dams Deer Deer Hunting DNR Endangered Species Environment Fish Fishing Fly Fishing Forests Gear Reviews Going Light Grand River Great Lakes Great Lakes Fishery Commission Hiking Hunting Kayaking Lake Huron Lake Michigan Lake Superior Michigan Michigan Audubon Society Michigan Department of Natural Resources Michigan State University Michigan United Conservation Clubs Mountains MUCC Muskegon River National Audubon Society National Parks National Park Service National Trail System Nature North Country Trail Paddling Photos Polar Bears Rivers Salmon Skiing State Forest Campgrounds State Forests State Parks Steelhead Trails Trout Trout Unlimited United States Fish and Wildlife Service Upper Peninsula US Fish & Wildlife Service Video Waterfowl Wilderness Wildlife Wolves