- When the greater good isn’t good enough; Muskegon sturgeon kill should sound alarm
- Michigan’s snowshoe hares disappearing, could benefit from forest management amid climate changes
- Northern Michigan fishing guide builds big boats for small rivers
- Lake Michigan salmon runs proving slower, smaller than average
- Is the U.S. Forest Service Hoping to Cash in on Wilderness Areas?
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: US EPA
By Howard Meyerson That researchers are now studying how to chemically manipulate sea lamprey behavior, reminds me of the early DuPont chemical company advertising slogan: “Better Living Through Chemistry.” That old saw came out in 1935. The chemical industry was trying … Continue reading
Pharmaceuticals in drinking water has become an issue in recent years. It takes 99 years for them to leave, according to a new report by the Alliance for the Great Lakes, a story in Great Lakes Echo reports today. They … Continue reading