- When the greater good isn’t good enough; Muskegon sturgeon kill should sound alarm
- Michigan’s snowshoe hares disappearing, could benefit from forest management amid climate changes
- Northern Michigan fishing guide builds big boats for small rivers
- Lake Michigan salmon runs proving slower, smaller than average
- Is the U.S. Forest Service Hoping to Cash in on Wilderness Areas?
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: Polar Bears
Shifting climate patterns seem to be having an impact on bears, polar bears and grizzly bears in particular, the Edmonton Journal reports today in a story about hybrid bears being discovered in the Arctic. A University of Alberta researcher recently … Continue reading
The battle to keep lead hunting ammunition and fishing sinkers continues to play out in Congress. A bill passed Tuesday by the U.S. House calls for assuring that hunting can continue on public lands, that lead ammunition is permissible, and … Continue reading
US Geologic Survey scientists are concerned about nine Barrow Alaska polar bears that have been found with fur loss and open sores, a condition also seen recently in seals and walruses. Preliminary studies have ruled out radiation poisoning from the … Continue reading
ST. JOHN’S, N.L. — Annie Rumbolt and her husband Lawrence now sleep with a big game hunting rifle in their bedroom after becoming the latest survivors of polar bear encounters in Newfoundland and Labrador. Pack ice conditions unusually close to … Continue reading