- Camping fees increasing at Michigan State Parks
- Scientists: Invasive snail more prevalent than thought, poses grave danger to waterfowl
- New DNR deer specialist Chad Stewart ready to talk with state’s hunters
- Take A Wintry Walk – On Top Of The Snow! Snowshoe Experiences and Trails in West Michigan
- Michigan salmon catch limit remains five in 2015, but is that a good thing?
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: Pheasant
By Howard Meyerson BELDING, MI — Trish Taylor had inkling that hunting would be fun. Her husband hunts. They share a bird dog too. So, when the opportunity arose, the 35-year-old public relations specialist from Allegan decided to pull the … Continue reading
By Howard Meyerson Upland bird and small game hunters may need to walk more this fall and look further afield for their favorite quarry. Heavy spring rains produced plenty of fruiting plants and acorns. The woods and swales are full … Continue reading
By Howard Meyerson Michigan’s deer, grouse and other wildlife programs are eligible for record federal funding in 2013. Ammunition, firearm and archery sales all surged in 2012. That rise in sales is translating to record payouts to hunting and wildlife … Continue reading