- When the greater good isn’t good enough; Muskegon sturgeon kill should sound alarm
- Michigan’s snowshoe hares disappearing, could benefit from forest management amid climate changes
- Northern Michigan fishing guide builds big boats for small rivers
- Lake Michigan salmon runs proving slower, smaller than average
- Is the U.S. Forest Service Hoping to Cash in on Wilderness Areas?
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: MUCC
By Howard Meyerson Lansing — New legislation designed to simplify Michigan’s hunting and fishing license system and raise $19.7 million in additional revenues for DNR fish and game programs and marketing is making its way through the state Legislature. HB … Continue reading
By Howard Meyerson Lansing, MI – Michigan wind farm operators looking to assess the wildlife impacts of their operations by collecting the carcasses of birds and bats killed or injured by wind turbines can now get a state wildlife salvage … Continue reading
By Howard Meyerson Experienced anglers may know the difference between good places and bad to fish, difficult places and those that are easy, but families just starting often do not. And so, many never fish. The learning curve sometimes seems … Continue reading
By Howard Meyerson The development of Michigan’s natural resource economy is a high priority for JR Richardson, the new chairman of the state’s Natural Resources Commission. But the Ontonagon resident thinks that shouldn’t happen without proper safeguards in place. Protecting … Continue reading
The State of Michigan is planning to auction off oil and gas leases on October. 24, 2012. Many Michigan residents turned out for a public meeting to share their concerns about the decision. Here’s a look at some of their perspectives and … Continue reading