- When the greater good isn’t good enough; Muskegon sturgeon kill should sound alarm
- Michigan’s snowshoe hares disappearing, could benefit from forest management amid climate changes
- Northern Michigan fishing guide builds big boats for small rivers
- Lake Michigan salmon runs proving slower, smaller than average
- Is the U.S. Forest Service Hoping to Cash in on Wilderness Areas?
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: Mount Everest
Erik Weihenmayer climbed Mt. Everest in 2001 – a feat in and of itself and one that takes your breath away when you realize he is blind. Weihenmayer made the cover of Time Magazine that year. But the 44-year-old adventurer … Continue reading
A feel good story if ever there was one. It gives this aging outdoor writer hope. Tamae Watanabe reached Everest’s 8,850-meter-high (29,035-foot-high) summit from the northern side of the mountain in Tibet on Saturday morning, the New York Daily News … Continue reading
Dry and windy conditions that transformed a normally snowy route into an icy one has forced a National Geographic team to call off their attempt to climb the rarely climbed West Ridge of Mount Everest. National Geographic reports today that … Continue reading