- When the greater good isn’t good enough; Muskegon sturgeon kill should sound alarm
- Michigan’s snowshoe hares disappearing, could benefit from forest management amid climate changes
- Northern Michigan fishing guide builds big boats for small rivers
- Lake Michigan salmon runs proving slower, smaller than average
- Is the U.S. Forest Service Hoping to Cash in on Wilderness Areas?
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: Grizzly Bears
Last year was a bad year in terms of human/bear interactions at national parks. There are some who are suggesting that changes in climate may be contributing to the increase in attacks, having impacted the availability of natural foods. Whether … Continue reading
Last year was a bad year for grizzly attacks in the U.S. Much has been written about the tragic incidents that took the lives of four men: two in Yellowstone National Park and two others in the Gallatin National Forest … Continue reading
Shifting climate patterns seem to be having an impact on bears, polar bears and grizzly bears in particular, the Edmonton Journal reports today in a story about hybrid bears being discovered in the Arctic. A University of Alberta researcher recently … Continue reading