- When the greater good isn’t good enough; Muskegon sturgeon kill should sound alarm
- Michigan’s snowshoe hares disappearing, could benefit from forest management amid climate changes
- Northern Michigan fishing guide builds big boats for small rivers
- Lake Michigan salmon runs proving slower, smaller than average
- Is the U.S. Forest Service Hoping to Cash in on Wilderness Areas?
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: Grand Rapids
By Howard Meyerson The heart and soul of hunting is alive and well in a video presentation debuting around the country this fall and showing in Grand Rapids at 7 p.m., August 28 at the Wealthy Theatre. It’s called the … Continue reading
Will bringing the rapids back to Grand Rapids be a boom or bust scenario for this Midwest city, the second largest in the state of Michigan? The answer is different depending on who is talking. Local whitewater enthusiasts pushing for the … Continue reading
By Howard Meyerson Ramsey Dowgiallo was 17 years old and stricken with pneumonia when he first read about Minnesota’s Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. His mother bought him a book about it. He’d long been a fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. But … Continue reading
By Howard Meyerson It might be hard to imagine a fishing trip as providence, but Sam Frank and his brothers, Mike and Tom, might see things otherwise. The summer of 2012 was tough for the Frank family. David Frank, their … Continue reading