- When the greater good isn’t good enough; Muskegon sturgeon kill should sound alarm
- Michigan’s snowshoe hares disappearing, could benefit from forest management amid climate changes
- Northern Michigan fishing guide builds big boats for small rivers
- Lake Michigan salmon runs proving slower, smaller than average
- Is the U.S. Forest Service Hoping to Cash in on Wilderness Areas?
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: Brown Bridge Dam
By Howard Meyerson While picking through the natural debris on the bottom of Grasshopper Creek, a tiny stream feeding the upper Boardman River, two scientists with the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians began to get excited. Brett … Continue reading
By Howard Meyerson Wildlife and fish habitat on the Boardman River was hit hard by a five foot deep surge of water on October 6 when a 20-foot draw-down of Brown Bridge Dam pond got out of control. State and other officials … Continue reading