- Wooden Boat Shows Aplenty in Michigan this Summer
- State recreation areas add handicap canoe, kayak launches
- Toxic Hogweed: State looking for giant poisonous plants
- Growing concern about Great Lakes nuclear hot spots
- Between a rock and a hard place: Michigan’s national parks cut services amid budget woes
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Tag Archives: bicycles
It’s hip to ride a bike these days. It doesn’t matter whether you ride a mountain bike and take on technical terrain or spin down roads. Biking is in. But to glance at what’s being written about cycling, you get … Continue reading
Common sense would tell most of us that it is cheaper to ride a bike to work than to drive a car, but data compiled by League of American Bicyclists and others suggests a vast amount could be saved by … Continue reading
A three-wheel recumbent bicycle known as the Terra Trike appears to be a hit with aging Baby Boomers. “We’ve got 10,000 of them retiring every day for the next 14 years,” says WizWheelz Inc. Marketing Director Jeff Yonker of their … Continue reading
Photo from Michigan’s Western U.P. Visitors Bureau on Facebook.
By Dana Hollowell/Bridge Magazine For seven days last summer, James Jeske, 66, bicycled along Michigan’s western shore. The 500-mile-long trek took him from New Buffalo at the base of the Mitten to Mackinaw City at the tip of the Lower … Continue reading