I suspect it put up quite a fight, but Greg Gasiciel was up to the challenge. The smallmouth bass he hooked last Sunday while fishing a green grub weighed 9.33 pounds. A quick story on MLive shares a few more details. The prior record was 9.25 pounds. Read on: Man breaks 109-year Michigan record.
- Hunt on Your Schedule at Grand Rapids Area Pheasant Preserves
- DNR to plant 50,000 extra hatchery brown trout on Muskegon River to replace missing year-class
- Conflicts between wolves, hunting dogs in Michigan decline in 2015
- Trumpeter Swans: A Conservation Success in Michigan
- DNR holds the line on 2016 king salmon stocking
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.