- Key decision protects Au Sable River as new report highlights emerging threats to one of Michigan's greatest rivers
- Four or more state forest campgrounds to be reopened in 2014
- Legislation calls for allowing some rifle use in southern shotgun zone
- Climate Change: Butterflies, game birds and game animals threatened
- Sportman’s 20 year opening day tradition: hunting for muskie, not deer
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
What I Blog AboutAdventure Travel Asian Carp AuSable River Backpacking Bats Bears bicycles Birds Birdwatching Boardman River Brook Trout Camping Canoe Canoeing Chinook Salmon Climbing Conservation Cycling Dams Deer Deer Hunting DNR Endangered Species Environment Fish Fishing Fly Fishing Forests Gear Reviews Going Light Grand River Great Lakes Great Lakes Fishery Commission Hiking Hunting Invasive Species Kayaking Lake Huron Lake Michigan Lake Superior Michigan Michigan Audubon Society Michigan Department of Natural Resources Michigan State University Michigan United Conservation Clubs Mountains MUCC Muskegon River National Parks National Park Service National Trail System Nature North Country Trail North Country Trail Association Paddling Photos Polar Bears Rivers Salmon Shipwrecks South Manitou Island State Forest Campgrounds State Forests State Parks Steelhead Trails Trout Trout Unlimited United States Fish and Wildlife Service Upper Peninsula US Fish & Wildlife Service Waterfowl Wilderness Wildlife Wolves