Lake Michigan often surprises people. It called the freshwater ocean for a reason. This photo captures the thrill and power of the surf there. Found at Paddling.net’s Facebook page.
- State recreation areas add handicap canoe, kayak launches
- Toxic Hogweed: State looking for giant poisonous plants
- Growing concern about Great Lakes nuclear hot spots
- Between a rock and a hard place: Michigan’s national parks cut services amid budget woes
- Wind companies won’t face charges in condor deaths
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.