- Wooden Boat Shows Aplenty in Michigan this Summer
- State recreation areas add handicap canoe, kayak launches
- Toxic Hogweed: State looking for giant poisonous plants
- Growing concern about Great Lakes nuclear hot spots
- Between a rock and a hard place: Michigan’s national parks cut services amid budget woes
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.
Daily Archives: June 12, 2012
This is one I just couldn’t resist. Who ever has seen anything like it other than in New York City. I love the leggings – and the hair-do. This is a big bird that eats snakes, lizards, tortoises, baby rabbits … Continue reading
So much for quick and efficient blogging. I’ve corrected the links on the two photos below – of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. They now will take you to the respective Facebook pages. That’s what happens when you have a great morning, … Continue reading
Lake Superior is notorious for its rough, terrible water. That’s where the Edmund Fitzgerald sunk and became legend spawning Gordon Lightfoot’s classic tune. On the other hand it is also known for its magnificent sunsets. Here’s one captured by photographer … Continue reading
Lake Michigan often surprises people. It called the freshwater ocean for a reason. This photo captures the thrill and power of the surf there. Found at Paddling.net’s Facebook page.