Anyone who has traveled far to try something challenging knows the dismay and mood swings that come when the weather doesn’t cooperate. Knitting isn’t an option when you are an athlete and adrenaline junkie. This video of a climbing expedition to a remote part of Newfoundland captures that change well, both in its depiction of the participants and the sour Northeast Atlantic weather. It’s worth a look-see. To read more: Rock and Ice.com.
- State recreation areas add handicap canoe, kayak launches
- Toxic Hogweed: State looking for giant poisonous plants
- Growing concern about Great Lakes nuclear hot spots
- Between a rock and a hard place: Michigan’s national parks cut services amid budget woes
- Wind companies won’t face charges in condor deaths
After more than 25 years in the outdoor writing business, you would think I'd know better.